A Healthy Pet is a Happy Pet
This is your go-to place for suggested-use guidelines on CBD for Dogs, Cats and Horses. Just scroll down to see the suggested quantity guidelines. Our CBD pet products utilize the full spectrum plant, or the “whole” plant, from farms using organic growing methods and FDA approved facilities in Kentucky.
What we have researched and read indicates CBD has profound effects on all mammals. CBD has helped with maintaining healthy skin, supporting healthy energy levels, a healthy immune system, healthy cholesterol levels, healthy respiratory function and even blood sugar regulation. CBD also seems to promote optimal cellular health, cartilage and joint function and promotes a stable mood, and more.
But don’t take our word for it. We highly recommend going to pubmed.gov to research the benefits of CBD for pets and humans. For Pubmed articles and studies about CBD and Dogs, CLICK HERE. For Pubmed articles and studies about CBD and Cats, CLICK HERE.
Fast Relief For Your Furry Friends
Hemp CBD has a wide scope of benefits, and lots of scientific data that show little to no side effects. Interested in a little science? By stimulating the endocannabinoid system and activating a specific receptor called CB2, studies have shown that CBD can help optimize overall health and balance. For more about this system, click here.
The bottom line is this… HempWorx products are designed to harness the natural power CBD has to offer to provide safe, effective solutions for us and our furry friends.
Ingredients: CBD Oil for Dogs, Cats and Horses
Do you want the best ingredients for your pets? We do too, and that’s why we are so proud of our ingredients.
If you are someone who checks ingredients like we do, you’ll appreciate this… click here to see the ingredient label for our 250 mg bacon-flavored CBD oil for dogs, cats and other pets, and click here for the CBD Dog Treat ingredients. You might also want to see the ingredient label for the 750 mg natural-flavor CBD oil we recommend for horses.
Suggested Use Guidelines
Like humans, every dog, cat and horse is different. To select the ideal quantity of cbd oil for dogs, cats, horses, other pets or people, begin slowly and work your way up. You will need to do some experimenting to determine what works best for your pet or horse. These guidelines will help you get started.
Dogs & Cats
When it comes to dosing CBD oil for dogs and cats, the initial guidelines are based on weight.
These CBD quantity guidelines below are based on the 250mg HempWorx CBD Oil designed specifically for our fur babies (and happens to be bacon flavored!). In the 250 mg CBD Oil, 20 drops is equivalent to 5 mg of CBD oil. If you have a larger dog or cat, and want a higher concentration of CBD Oil per dropper, we also have a 500 mg or 750 mg CBD Oil in “natural” flavor, with 20 drops equivalent to 10 mg and 15 mg of CBD Oil, respectively.
Suggested Use Guidelines with CBD for Dogs and Cats:
Place CBD Oil drops directly into pet’s mouth, or mix in water or food. We have a very picky cat, so we put drops of CBD oil on her feet or places on her fur where she grooms herself often.
- Under 10 lbs = 1-2 drops (1/4-1/2 mg of CBD oil)
- 11-20 lbs = 4-8 drops (1-2 mg of CBD oil)
- 21-45 lbs= 8-12 drops (2–3 mg of CBD oil)
- 46-74 lbs = 16-20 drops (4–5 mg of CBD oil)
With the CBD Dog Treats, since there is 2.5 mg of CBD oil in each treat, for extra small pets (under 10 lbs), you would use approximately 1/4 of a CBD treat to start. For small dogs up to 20 lbs, you would start with 1/2 a treat, for medium dogs you can start with 1 treat and for larger dogs, you can start with 1 to 2 treats.
Suggested Use Guidelines with CBD for Horses:
- For general health: 40-80 mg/day of CBD oil
- To help with joint discomfort associated with over use or over-exertion: 100-200 mg/day of CBD oil
- For supporting optimal digestive function: 80-100 mg/day of CBD oil
- To help promote a stable mood: 80 mg/day of CBD oil
- For Pre-Race/Performance: 200 to 1,000 mg of CBD oil
For horses, we recommend the 750 mg bottle of HempWorx CBD Oil in “natural” flavor (as opposed to mint flavor). In the 750mg CBD Oil, 20 drops = 15mg of CBD oil. To see the product label, click here.
Note: Some horsemen begin with a higher dose to get a specific issue under control, then scale back once the condition has improved. Others begin with a small dose, then gradually scale up until the desired result is achieved.
How Much CBD in a Bottle and in CBD Pet Treats
Our HempWorx CBD oil comes in 1 oz bottles. Whether you are looking into CBD oil for dogs, cats, horses or humans, we think of a dose as 20 drops (which is a full dropper) and each bottle contains 50 doses. If you have a small pet, you may only use 1-2 drops, or 4-8 drops per serving. In that case, if you do the math, you would have much more than 50 doses.
The bottles differ based on the concentration of CBD in the oil. Our selection includes 250 mg, 500 mg and 750 mg of HempWorx CBD Oil per bottle. Our CBD dog treats have 2.5mg of CBD per treat, and each bag contains approximately 33 treats.
Feeling a bit confused? We were too at first, so hopefully this will help you like it helped us:
- 250mg CBD Oil for Dogs and Cats (bacon flavored): 20 drops contains 5mg CBD
- 500mg CBD Oil for Dogs, Cats or Humans (natural or mint flavor): 20 drops contains 10mg CBD
- 750mg CBD Oil for Dogs, Cats, Horses or Humans (natural or mint flavor): 20 drops contains 15mg CBD
How to Place an Order for CBD Oil for Dogs, Cats and Horses
If you are ready to start your purchase, follow the steps below.
- Click here to get to Shop Now page for CBD for Dogs, Cats and Horses (and humans too). The link will open in a new tab.
- Scroll down to browse through the products.
- Select the products you want and add them to the shopping cart.
- Finally, simply follow the checkout process and your order will be on its way to you!!! We ship via USPS in the United States.
You will receive an email with your order information, and you can log into your account to track shipping progress.
Research on CBD Oil for Dogs, Cats and Horses
As you may know, we are seeing more and more research on how beneficial CBD is for your pets. You might want to go to pubmed.gov to conduct your own research. Or here are links you might find interesting:
- NIH Research study on CBD and dogs with joint discomfort
- PetMD information explaining the many ways CBD can help dogs
- PetMD article explaining how CBD is helping cats
- Overview of the use of Cannabinoids in veterinary medicine
- Research on therapeutic benefits of CBD
At HempWorx, it is our mission to bring what we believe is a miracle plant to the rest of the world – for humans and pets. We believe that by providing the highest quality CBD products on the market, we can help millions of humans and pets around the world, and we believe we are doing that with HempWorx CBD Dog Treats and Hempworx CBD Oil for dogs, cats and horses. We hope these serving size guidelines are useful. We are excited to hear about your experiences with our CBD Pet Products. Please keep in touch!
Rick & Shana Frey
HempWorx Independent Affiliates
* 60 Day Money Back Guarantee: If the HempWorx Pet Products don’t work for you, HempWorx offers a 60 day refund policy. If you change your mind within 60 days of placing your order, you can send the products back and your purchase will be refunded (less the cost of shipping).